Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hawaii Keiki: Healthy and Ready to Learn INTRODUCTION

Danielle Doo
RN, MSN, CDE
Aloha Parents, Staff and Students! I excitedly take on a new endeavor under a partnership between the Department of Education and University of Hawaii Nursing Program. I am a Registered Nurse with my Graduate Degree in Public Health Nursing and credentialed as a Certified Diabetes Educator. 

My role in the schools is multifaceted. I will have a special focus at Kekaha Elementary School, where we are working on a Health Needs Assessment, establishing a Health and Wellness Committee, and implementing the DOE Wellness Policy along with various other health initiatives. We are also looking at Kekaha Elementary as a potential site for a School Based Health Center in addition to exploring the Community Schools Model for all Kauai schools, where the school is open to the community after hours and provides a variety of services.

I am also located at the District office and am available as a medical resource and consultant for all DOE Staff Members. I will be assisting with various island-wide health initiatives and providing consultation, training and support to School Health Aids. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, requests or suggestions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment